THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
YNYSTAWE WOODS??

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFORMATION ON THE HOUSE THAT USED TO BE IN THESE WOODS AND IF THERE ARE ANY PICTURES?WOODS ARE NEAR WHEATSHEAF DRIVE.

Re: YNYSTAWE WOODS??

I think this must be Players Woods - a large manor house that was derelict (and very spooky!) when I was a lad there in the 70's. I remember having to climb over old iron gates to get in. I think it was bought in the mid-80's by a local businessman who sold the land for property delelopment and restored the ruined house as a restarant/hotel. The Players Family owned a lot of land in Ynystawe & Clydach. Can't help with photo's though - but would be interseting to hear if you find any!

Jeremy

Re: YNYSTAWE WOODS??

No pictures, but as Jeremy said it had Iron gates (at the front) and an orchard out the back with walls all around, and a small private chapel within the far corner of the orchard. The place reminded me at the time of the 'Secret Garden'

When they knocked the house down, the cellar was left and a creepy place it was.

But what a fun place it was to play in with the conquor field out the front :-)

(And hi to Jeremy, I remember you from Llansamlet School, and your mum teaching)