THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gallery of Old Photos of Morriston

I recently had a photo sent to me from Merlyn Williams, ex Morriston now Canada, of Carmel Chapel Cricket Team 1912, and I wondered how many more old photos of Morriston and the people of Morriston there might be out there in various parts of the world.

It struck me that this could be the start of a gallery of old photos, as part of the main Morriston Camera Club website, so if anyone would like to e-mail me their photos with a short description, I'd be glad to include them in the new gallery.

Website www.MorristonCameraClub.co.uk

Re: Gallery of Old Photos of Morriston

Greetings from Yellowknife Canada Jeff, Local and expatriots let's dig out some old vintage photo's of Good Old Morriston I'm sure there are many out there, lets share them so we can share in the Pictorial History of this delightful and beautiful Town......

Hi Jeff, How you doing? How are things in Birchgrove?& Morriston? Hope you are getting a good response on the input to Gallery of Old Photos of Morriston ,We are sure there are many out there. Come on you good people, send them to Jeff, and let's share, Merlyn....

Hi again Merlyn.
Up to now the response has been very poor with only your photo received. So until I receive several more old photos of Morriston, the concept of posting them in a special gallery on this web site will have to be put on hold.
Again many thanks for your submission and hopefully others will follow suit in the near future.
All the best to you and Joyce
Jeff

Hi Jeff, and all you good Morriston Monkey's, out there.There has to be wealth of Pictures out there. Men of steel comes to mind,the Fairground down by the Duke,Morriston Carnival,Morriston Cricket Club,Morriston Park,Morriston Baths,Woolworth's, Peacock's, Grecos,Pompas,Robioties,Billy Holes,Bakers, Cooks,Woodfield Garrage,Regal Cinema,The Gem Cinema,Dia Llew's Billiads Hall,and I once counted the number of Places of Worship,and there were 22, the same number of Pubs...Come on you good people let's find those Pic's of the past.Merlyn.

Hi Jeff, How are things?? Susan Nelson who used to live in Tanylan has 3very old photos of Morriston, I think you have her e-mail add she wrote to the Forum please e-mail her and tell her the best way to get the photos to you, many thank's Merlyn......

Hi Merlyn. Sue has beaten you to it, she has already e-mailed me with 3 excellent photos. I'll try to get the page started soon to show the photos that have been submitted. Hopefully it will stir up some interest and maybe we'll have some more sent in.
All the best
Jeff

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that the new Gallery of Old Photos of Morriston is now up and running.

The page is entitled 'Morriston of Yesteryear' and there is a link to it on every page on the Morriston Camera Club web site.

I hope you enjoy the the new page and if you have any old photos or memories of Morriston, please get in touch with me so that I can include them on the new page.

It would be so nice to see a picture of the Fair Ground down by the Duke, Or even Peacocks, Merlyn...

Thanks for the photo of Peacocks Jeff, bought many an item there, especially Fireworks!! Has somebody got pictures of the Fairground that was set up down by the Duke???? Would love to see them....Merlyn.....

Hi All, come on dig up some photos of old Morriston, I am sure there are thousands out there. Would love to see a photo of Morriston Fairground, I have a few that will spark some memories of that spectacular era.Must see yours first....

Hello to everyone old thread maybe some will see it i currently live in morriston and would be willing to take some more recent pictures for any of you who would be intrested in seeing the area as it stands today