THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
catherine zeta jones

hi to all.. catherine zeta jones`s grand father, william fair, came from morriston

Re: catherine zeta jones

Hi, Ihave recently discovered this site and in all fairness its like a history link to Morristons past,there is a new History society starting in Morriston on 29th August if we could link up to a site as informative as this and combine them we would have a nucleaus of a wonderfull,history society, back to catherine, did not know of her Morriston relative I now her father and his brother came from Penlan and I think one of her great grandfathers was a sea captain, who sailed from Swansea on the copper barque ZETA which is listed as a cape horner sailing from Swansea,nice to know that MORRISTON played apart in this wonderfull ladies history she has certainly done Swansea proud, and she has not forgotten her roots.

Just thought someone may be interested that Catherine Zeta Jones went to my old school, Dumbarton House. It was in swansea but they closed it down a few years after she left because of lack of funding.

I've an extensive family tree that involves the 'Fair' line through my grandmother Lilian Beatrice Hopkins nee Fair. The family originally came from North Devon and changed the spelling of the name from Phayre to Fair. William Fair's father, Ernest, was my grandmothers' brother.