THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
whereabouts of Duke Street, Morriston

Hi - I am wondering if anyone can tell me where Duke Street was - and what happened to it? My grandparents and great grandparents lived there - and it would be lovely to know more about it. Thanks!

Website www.steviedavies.com

Re: whereabouts of Duke Street, Morriston

Histevie, have been looking through old map of morriston I bought a few years ago from county hall archives, only recently found it, Duke St, was the street that ran from the Duke up to Morfydd St, or Edward St, as it was then called Duke St, is now called Clyndu St, and is a well used Street in Morriston today, I am able to copy map if you like, but you are in luck this very night Jeff Lang has left details of a website on how to find old maps of Morriston,[ he must be a mindreader]Allthe best Dursley Hanford

Re: whereabouts of Duke Street, Morriston

Hi Stevie - Just read your request re. Duke St ,Morriston. My grandfather lived there also with his parents....coincidentally their surname was 'Davies' also. Do you have any further info eg house number etc. My grandfather had one brother, Davey, and no sisters.My greatgrandfather's name was also David and his wife was Annie. They moved to Plasmarl from there.