THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FAO Dursley

Hello
Dursle, just wondering if you could tell me more about the history society e.g. where and when?
I'm interested and would like to join in if possible. Thanks, Matthew

Re: FAO Dursley

Matthew, we had our inaugural meeting at the red lion sway road morriston on tuesday 29th august we had nearly 60 people turn up, well above our expectations, after a vote it was decided to hold the meetings on the last tuesday of each month, lots of ideas and suggestions hoping to put on a slide show presentation next month and we are going to set up a website, have not yet decided about membership fees probably as we are near to the end or the year we will sort something out for january, look forward to meeting you any info/photos memories of morriston allways welcome cheers Dursley

Hi Dursley, What is happening re Historical Society?? Not much by the sound of it. I am an Expatriot of Morriston and was quite excited when I heard you were interested in setting up a Morriston Historical Society, it is long overdue. You have some photos of The Prince Albert, can you submit them to Jeff Lang to have them posted on Morriston of Yesteryear, Morriston has a Big backyard out there, and there are many expatriots that would love to see those Pic's. Sincerely Merlyn......

Hi Dursley, it's me, Alun Osborne, I tried to get in contact with you when I was last in Morriston, about a month ago, but, the telephone number I had written down was incorrect, so, no luck. Will be back in Morriston around Christmas 2007, and would love to meet up. Any chance of sending me your telephone correct number so that I can make a proper job of it next time. Best wishes, Alun (now living in Cyprus).

P.S. sorry Matthew for hijacking your post!!!

Hi, Alan, sorry I missed your visit,you can telephone me on 01792 310693,or 878132,also mobile 07984 140831,its a coincidence, I have been a member of the Grove club in Morriston [a very nice private members club nextdoor to the dentist in lower Morfydd St]and served on the committee for very many years,within the last two months on a Saturday night your cousin June from cwmrhydyceirw has started calling at the club with a few of her friends,and I did not recognize her at first but once we got talking your name came up,if during your forthcoming visit you cannot get hold of me,I will be in the grove mainly at the weekend, just mention my name and they will let you in, look forward to seeing you all the best Dursley

Hi Matthew, I am a little confused by your comment FAO Dursley, Do you mean FAQ Dursley?? my question is what is happening Re Morriston Historical Society?? and that is directed to Dursley, Please what is happening Dursley??? More comments to follow after I receive a comment from, well either one of you Matthew or you Dursley, Merlyn.......

Hi Matthew, Do you still visit the site you created??? I am still waiting for a reply, Merlyn