THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Morriston Park

I have lived in Canada for the past 42 years. I have heard rumblings about the demise of Morriston Park will some one inform me please as to what is proposed. I have passionate memories of that park and I would like to provide some form of action one would take if they were apposed to this action, Merlyn

Re: Morriston Park

Park is still unchanged new workout area there where tennis courts once stood, plus old pond area near vicarage road entrance has been fenced off, house in the bottom is also still there and well kept :-)

Hi Jason, that Park was a gift to all people, the sad thing is all the features that made it attractive have all disappeared eg; The Baths, The Tennis Courts, The Pitch & Put, The Bowling Green, The Aviary,The Cricket Pitch and Club House, The Paddling Pond, The Band Stand, The Concession Hut,there is not even a Men's or Ladies Toilet,and last but not least a Patrolling Parkie!!! Merlyn...

park is still nice and very well kept just a few things have changed you will be glad to know the bowling green is very much still there and the house with it, tennis courts were left then changed to bastket ball area, will be going up there once the weather improves and will post some pictures of the park

Hi Jason I think you missed the comments I made about the missing things in that Park, great the Bowling Green is back in commission, where has all the other great amenities gone!!!!!????? You say it is well look after, Rubbish they mow it with a huge machine and have no concern where you walk and there are serious drainage problems, you have Hill's you have elevated Positions in Morriston and water can be a serious problem. My question is "How do we bring that Park the Park it was"??????????? Merlyn