THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ambrose Thomas

Hello, does anyone in this forum, remember an Ambrose Thomas of Vicarage Road, Morriston. He was a dear friend of mine and have just heard that he passed away on the 18th of July, 2013. Does anyone know what happened to him, thank you, kind regards. I live in Australia and met him years ago and we kept in contact for a long time, thank you.

Re: Ambrose Thomas

Hi,sad to say that Ambrose has passed away,I knew him and his son Julian and also his sister and brother in law Jim and Gloria Lloyd,he had been ill for a number of years he had been in and out of Morriston and Singleton hospitals and was visiting Ty Olwen,I last saw him a few weeks before he passed on he was in the car with his brother in law Jim,just parked up from Cwmrhydyceirw post office where I had just spoken to his sister Gloria,who told me that they were just coming back from the hospital, we did not speak,but he called my name and gave a wave from the car window,he was a lovely guy,great company a real character,he had one of the largest funerals I have attended for many years being a man of fine voice he would have appreciated the singing[which nearly lifted the roof of the crematorium] from the large crowd and members of the choirs he had at one time or other been a member of,what a send off,sadly missed R.I.P.

Re: Ambrose Thomas

Thank you very much for your message Dursley, this has given me a bit more information on Ambrose, yes I agree he was a great person and a real character, great sense of humour. I just found this reply from you, thanks again.