THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Morriston History

Do you have information about the Hanney Band playing in King George's coronation?

Hello Catherine

Are you still interested in the Hanney Band?

I bought a job lot of THE MORRISTON OTHER TIMES Community Newspaper at a sale held at Swansea Museum in October but have only just got around to reading through them. Having noticed your email on the Forum a couple of days ago, I wondered if you would like a copy of an article entitled The Famous Hanney Band, written by Mrs Marjorie Uren, which appeared in the paper in the late 70’s/early 80’s. It has five photos as well as the text. It is 2 x A3 sheets, so it is too big for my scanner. However, if you would like a copy, I would be happy to get it photocopied and put it in the post for you.

Regards Jane

Hi Jane, I would definitely be interested in that! Please could you send a copy of the article to me? I'd be very grateful. Is there a way I can send a private message to you with my address? Thank you! Poppy

Hi Melanie, If memory serves me right weren't the Hanneys Salvation Army members in Morriston I don't have much information, but if every little bit helps then this is what I have, From 1964 I was Musical Director of the Clydach Amateur Operatic Society and the trombone Player in the Morgan Lloyd Orchestra was a Mr Hanney (same family) I don't know his Christian name, sorry.