THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Steel Co of Wales Tinplate Division, Velindre Works

I can't help you with Google Earth, but on the July 2016 version of Google Maps, zoom into the M4 junction 46, Llangyfelach.

The former Velindre complex is the massive construction site on the north west side of the junction, my guess is that the July 2016 view is possibly some two or more years ago.

The site is being developed as a combined Strategic Employment Site (SES) and Urban Village. The road layout of the SES can be visualised with the Google July 2016 road overlay. The associated Urban Village has according to the Swansea LDP discussion document a potential build of 850 homes, however the developers promotional material indicates a potential build of a thousand homes, the area of the potential housing development can be judged by downloading the Swansea LDP map of the uban village site from:
http://swansea.jdi-consult.net/ldp/readdoc.php?docid=221&chapter=16&docelemid=d38630#d38630
Which to the west is separated from Tircoed by the wooded area visable on the July 2016 Google Maps view.

I hope this helps you a little.