THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Morriston Park War Memorial

Those who had served during the War continued to die from its effects long after, some even continued to serve and died in service. Among those listed on the Memorial whose deaths occurred after 1918 were:

Driver Thomas Howells died of wounds on 17 February 1919 after serving with 180th Labour Company of the Royal Army Service Corps at 43 years of age. He was the son of John and Lettice of 7 Green Street. He had been a member of the Philadelphia Chapel. He is buried in Mons(Bergen) Communal Cemetery Belgium.

Private T.J Evans (182177) died after the end of the war on 14 August 1920 while serving with the 6th Light Armoured Battery in Iraq. Previously he had been a Private in the 14th Welsh regiment until 16 November 1918. He was the son of William and Jane of 8 Graig Terrace. He is buried in Baghdad North Gate Cemetery.

Stoker (First Class) George Gambold had served on HMS Princess Royal /Columbine before he died on 18 January 1921 at 25 years age. He was the son of James and Anne Maria of Maesygwernen Road, Pantlasse. Prior to enlisting he was employed as an Errand Boy.

This thread begun with ban appeal for information about those listed, whose information had not been found at that time. Since then many have been found but the following 22 have remained elusive.
Please message me if anyone knows who they might be.
H Brazell (not Hadyn)
D Davies
P Francis
W T Harris
T James
G Jenkins
W Jenkins
S Jones ( not Samuel DCM)
O Joseph
J Joseph
I Lewis
T J Lewis
D Morgan
T W Morris
H Palmer
E Powell
W H Powell
T Ryan
A Thomas
B Thomas
W Thomas
T D Thomas

Re: Morriston Park War Memorial

Some progress has been made with the unfounds including finding some first names so we have

13 H Brazell possibly William died in 1919

41Davies WT

81 Harris WT

96 James T

117 Jones S possibly Sephaniah of Clydach

120Joseph G. George

121Joseph J. Possibly Joseph

126 Lewis I. Idwal

143 Morgan D

153 Palmer H. Possibly Hubert

163 Powell E

166 Powell W H

169 Prior C. Charles

186 Ryan T

190 Thomas A. Abraham

206 Thomas DG
205 Thomas W

235 Yaverland F. Frederick
Anyone having more information on any of these names is welcome to contact me.

A Facebook page called “Morriston Remembers “ has been launched for remembrance and sharing about those who fell in all conflicts.