THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REES in Morriston

INFO ON REES the Coalman,Williams.

I remember Vic Rees , he was our coalman and he delivered coal into our house (it was kept under the stairs) until what was left of our Anderson Shelter was converted into a coalhouse in the early 1950's.
I found a cutting of an article written about him by Bernard Lloyd in the South Wales Evening Post in some papers that my mother had kept.
She had known him for years, living as she did on Chemical Road. Indeed the photograph accompanying the article was taken outside our house No. 43 then, 77 now and shows his horse and cart which suggests it must have been taken in early 1940s.

I know this is a few years after the original messages but I am Victor and Bronwen Rees's grandson. If you'd like to get in touch please drop me an email.

Well.. thanks to everyone who has replied to the thread I posted back in 2011. I must sincerely apologise for my silence but living in Christchurch, NZ, we went through a terrible time of earthquakes which disrupted lives terribly. I now live in Sydney, Australia and finally back on-line permanently.

I also hadn't realised that I hadn't ticked the 'notify me by email' option so was unaware of any responses until tonight.

I'm grateful to everyone for their posts and the interesting information provided and most especially happy to report that a family connection, Owen, has surfaced.

Thanks to all :-)

Hi Len

I don't suppose you still have that newspaper article by any chance and that you might be able to scan me a copy?

Cheers
Lynda

Hi Lynda Yes I have it filed in my family history stuff somewhere and will have a look for it and let you know.

Found it and will send on . The Evening post article was in 1971 but the photograph used was from much earlier. my house is behind Vic!

Hi Len

apologies for the apparent silence to your last posting on the forum advising you had found the newspaper article but i didn't receive any notification that you made posted a reply sorry.

I'd be very grateful to receive a copy of the article -- my email is

lynda dot hirst at gmail dot com

Cheers
Lynda

Hi there J-H-Truman

thanks for posting a comment requesting I get in touch for information about Victor Rees the coalman, Morriston.

Love to hear from you :-)

Cheers
Lynda