Return to Website

Fremont Ross Class of 1985

Fremont Ross Class of 1985
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Busted

Since I will be going back to College next month at UTPB(University of Texas Permian Basin). I had to get a copy of my transcript from Fremont. Which I recieved in the mail today, while I was looking at it my 12 year old daughter Tesa was looking over my shoulder and said. "Dad you get on me about my grades, and your grades sucked worse than mine." And walked away. I guess it's a case of I tried not to be my like my parents and I'm doing the same thing they did to me. She busted me now I've got some bribary to do over that.
Bill

Re: Busted

You know I remember saying "I'm not going to be like my parents." I think everyone does.

I have come to realize as I get older that our parents weren't so awful. I think it's predestined that we all go through it.

A few years ago there was a popular song...if that's what you would call it. They put the a speech to music...it was still spoke but music in the background. I actually took the time once to listen to it. I thought to myself "oh my gosh...I if I was a teenager right now I wouldn't believe any of this." That is because I can hear my "whatever" to this speech. After listen to it I felt this is so true.
Go here to read and listen to the speech.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/bazluhrmannsunscreen.htm

You can always give you daughter the "I want you to do better than me speech." Even though their life is good our parents always seemed to say that....oh wait...that's just the parents in the movies.