Return to Website

Fremont Ross Class of 1985

Fremont Ross Class of 1985
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Years

Hope that everyone had a safe New Years Eve. Debbie and I stayed home last night, but thats one of the sacrifices of managing the apartments oncall 24/7. We did have family come in from Lubbock and Nacogdoches. And my Dad got to see his newest grandchildren for the first time.
Bill

Re: New Years

Did you have you have your cabbage and black-eyed peas? For those who don't know of this tradition...it's a southern tradition to have black-eyed peas on New Year's day for good luck in the coming year. I must say that is one horrible tasting food...but for luck, I can eat a spoonful. (No, I would not eat anything eaten on Fear Factor..ever!! ) The cabbage is for $$$ in the up coming year.

I must say I was disappointed with Regis and the Rocking New Year's eve. One, they did not replay the ball drop for those of us in the Central time zone (as usual)...we had to flip over to Ryan Secrest. And two...either we're getting old ...or the Ashley Simpson part of RNYE stunk. (I'm going with the later )

Re: Re: New Years

Debbie made both but I still havn't quite aquired the taste for black-eyed peas. I spent most of the day smoking a brisquet with hickory, mesquite, and pecan wood. Cabbage I don't mind I ate it when I was still at home.
I'm sorry to say I didn't make it until midnight. Debbie took a picture of me asleep on the coach with Aston laying on my chest and my Dad sitting in the chair next to the coach feeding Quinton.
Bill