Return to Website

Fremont Ross Class of 1985

Fremont Ross Class of 1985
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bob G.

Laura just wrote me and told me that Bob passed away this morning. Tim Sheldon was there and sat through the night with Bob and his mom.

I actually thank Bob (& Tim and a few others) for turning me onto The Beatles...and other music of that generation. When we had down time during rehearsals of Brigadoon senior year, a group of us hung out in the office just off stage (it held all the old yearbooks I think) and they'd all listen to 60's and early 70's music. I did not like that music...but then I heard "My Guitar" and start to like it. Now I love it! Thank You Bob!

He will truly be missed. Please keep his wife, Janet, son, Albert(5) and family in our prayers.

Shelly

Here is the only information I can find on Bob:

http://www.legacy.com/Statesman/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=107224550

Robert D. Gillogly

Death Notice

GILLOGLY, Robert D., 41, architect, of Austin died Sunday. Survived by wife Janet Zeitler. Services pending with All Faiths, south location.
Published in the Austin American-Statesman on 4/8/2008.

Here is the link to the funeral home: www.allfaithsonline.com

Here is the link to the funeral home's condolences page: http://www.allfaithsonline.com/condolences1.html

I googled and found this obituary for Bob. It's hard to believe and so sad. He, Rob Collier, Toni Calabrese and I sat together alot at lunch our junior year and he was a riot. I remember way back then he was saving money to buy a computer. I remember how amazing that seemed that he would be able to purchase a "personal computer". My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and son.

Robert D. Gillogly
AUSTIN, Texas — Robert David Gillogly, 41, of Austin, Texas, died of Pancreatic cancer Sunday, April 6, 2008, surrounded by family and friends in The Christopher House Hospice Center in Austin.

Robert was born in Fremont, Ohio, to William and Barbara Willer Gillogly on Jan. 15, 1967. He was a 1985 graduate of Fremont Ross High School, Miami University and Rice University. He was an Eagle Scout and an active member of the American Institute of Architects. He was an avid gardener, loved the outdoors and was loved by many people.

He is survived by his wife, Janet Zeitler; and son, Albert Gillogly of Austin, Texas; mother of Howard, Ohio; sister, Elizabeth (Betsy) Stierhoff of Castalia, Ohio; and brother, Brian Gillogly of Mesa, Ariz.

His father preceded him in death in January 2008.

There will be a celebration of his life service at The First United Church of Christ, Fremont, Ohio, on Sunday, May 18, at 2 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, memorials in Robert’s name may be given to The American Cancer Society; Hospice Austin-The Christopher House, Austin, Texas; or M D Anderson Cancer Research Center, Houston, Texas.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/obituary/08/04/11/03.html

Thanks Karol. That must have gotten uploaded in the afternoon because googled it again yesterday morning and there was only the one.

Sad sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.