Return to Website

Studyphysics Discussion Forum

Talk about the Book of the Month, Discover Magazine, and get extra marks!

Studyphysics Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Survive the Plague - pg 18

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. But I hardly ever go to the doctor, and I'm rarely sick. I don't think I've ever been on antibiotics. Don't they somehow screw up your immune system, and that brings me to another question...are flu shots really all the good (not for seniors and children but for young adults)?

with the flu shot, they actually inject the virus into you.. so your body learns to recongnize this virus and kill it off if it were to come back... but the flu is ever changing its shape.. yeah its beneficial... but not really.. maybe for the old and young because their immune systems are slowing down or just building.. like me, i have a very strong immune system.. i am rarely sick

Well they do inject the flue into you but the flue organisms are dead so the body is able to make the white blood cells needed to fight off the real thing when you do get it. And with plants making new treatments for different diseases I thing that the government should fund this projects. Also there is a new cure for diabetes that has come out in the last 4 months. We are slowly coming along but at least we are getting better.

the more chemicals that you put into your body the more at risk you are at getting another harmful disease. for example taking a new diabetes medication may help your diabetes but whats to say that this medication won't activate cancerous cells in your body. i believe that its up to the person to decide if they want medication or not since it's thier decision

But what if that medication will save your life. And the chances of someone getting cancer form a new medication. Even if that was a side affect don’t you thing that the Canadian government would ban it. Don’t forget that the Canadian government does tests on the medications before they can release it to the public.

the canadian government does a lot more testing on new drugs and therapies than do most countries. there are a bunch of drugs available in the US that aren't allowed in canada yet because they havent undergone sufficient study. many medications do however have very harmful sideeffects and yet they are still available. chemotherapy, while killing cancerous cells, also kills healthy cells. thats why patients sign waiver forms so that they know what they are getting themselves into if they do choose to take a drug or undergo therapy

It is so unfortunate that some people that go through chemo, go through all of it for nothing, and end up harming themselves more by going through it. Hopefully, someday there will be a safe and inexpensive cure for cancer.