Return to Website

Studyphysics Discussion Forum

Talk about the Book of the Month, Discover Magazine, and get extra marks!

Studyphysics Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wu-Li Black Holes

if black holes can "swallow" very large masses then where does this mass go. because accoriding to the law of conservation of energy "energy cannot be created nor destroyed, just transfered" so if a planet is sucked up by a black hole then just where does it go? another place in the universe? or if a star is ripped apart by a black hole what happens to all of the energy of the star?

oo! i just read this. what physicists and astronomers believe happens is that if the black hole isn't spinning and the planet or whatnot hits the point of singularity the matter will be compressed so much until it is zero volume. if the matter dodges the point of singularity the black hole creates a worm hole that will dump all the matter it swallows up into another time and place. and there are there are these things called quasars in space that they believe are the opposite as black holes. they are sources of unbelievable energy and light and have therefore been thought to be the other end of a black hole.

That is so scary. I would not want to get caught in that thing! What do you think it is like on the other end of the black hole?? I would not be a happy camper if I was spat out at another place and time. Do you think it would be possible to live in that new place and time? Or would you just die?