Return to Website

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Medicine Show 12 recap sorta

Medicine Show 12 was one fine show last night in Lafayette. I do wish all of ya'll could have been there cause you missed a good one, for the ages so to speak. Rockin Shapes rocked the house for starters followed by a really hot set from Beausoleil. Unfortunately Zachary Richard could not make the gig due to a sore throat. His set was missed. But!! Dirk Powell came to the rescue and brought in a performer who he's now playing with, Ms. Joan Baez. The hair stood on my arms when i was told this before the show. I must say that she is one nice and gracious lady and one fine performer. She and her band turned in a fine 3 song performance with her doing an a capella encore of Swing Low Sweet Chariot. There was no letdown when Geno Delafose and French Rockin Boogie took the stage and literally rocked the house, the place was packed and groovin. Sonny Landreth then took the stage and kicked things into higher and higher gears for his set, mostly instrumental this night. Lazy Lester came on a couple songs in, led the band, sang and blew some fine blues harp on 4 numbers. Sonny, Dave and Mike then took us all just a bit higher and into the evening with a few more songs before things closed down shortly after 1am. I hope some of ya'll got to listen in to the broadcast and could be there vicariously thru it....and i'm sure more than a few phone calls, text messages made and photos were taken, some of which i'm sure will show up here....so stay tuned.