Return to Website

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Road We're On

I’m thirsty for news! Does anyone know what the boys are up to this month? Getting their shots and passports updated? Taking Russian-language lessons? Figuring out how to get CD’s through customs? Is anybody anywhere going to be able to give us Obsessed Ones a report on Sonny’s appearance in Moscow?

Re: The Road We're On

Some video from Moscow:

http://bluesjammer.livejournal.com/147646.html

Oh, Margie, you doll!!! Thank you! I'd have never found this link on my own. It is so exciting to watch because Sonny really gave those Russkies a show, didn't he!? All weekend I've been wondering about how the boys fared in such a truly grand venue. Have you seen the pictures of this place??? Try http://www.mmdm.ru/en/music-halls/svetlanov/
Anyhow, listening to this video you can hear some good audience response. I can only hope they were up dancing in the aisles!
And as a personal aside, I'm just so darned proud of Sonny and Mike and Dave. On 60 Minutes (CBS) this past Sunday night was a segment about Russian teen thugs who are hacking the internet. Their exploits are treated with a wink by the authorities because the victims are mainly American. Well maybe, just maybe, from now on some folks in Moscow will remember Sonny and his music and put a face on the rest of us.
Again, thanks Margie. I'm STILL waiting to hear World Away live. Those lucky dogs in Russia!

Since you liked that so much... Here are some still photos. Look at the audience shot. Is that a person dancing in the aisle???

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/multipult/album/66244/

These pics are a hoot! Don't you just love the poster with Sonny's name (and everything else!) written in Cyrillic? And I loved seeing all ages in the audience. Ha, doubt if the one person up was dancing, but I hope Sonny gave it his best, "Come on now, I wanna hear some hollerin'!" Thanks again, M!

The red geetar got to go to Mockba! woo-hoo!

Hey, did I see something about dancing to Sonny? Gee... who would do something like that? ;) Thanks for posting these links, I'll check them out later... I don't have much "online time" right now as I had surgery on my shoulder last Thurs so I'm in PT 5 days a week as well as three one hour sessions a day at home... my shoulder pretty much owns me right now. So, between that and trying to stay on top of my papers for school... well... not much time for the discussion board but I wanted to hop in here real quick and say HI!

I bet the guys are having a great time and I bet Australia is going to be awesome! Looks like Portland is the closest thing to me so far... hoping something closer gets added as Portland is about an 8 hour drive each way (and that doesn't include coffee stops :)

Hope everyone is well...
Take care,
Genny

Sending you a whole bunch of healing vibes, gal--hang in there! Festival season is almost upon us & Sonny will be hitting the left coast soon...

Genny,
Hope your shoulder heals fast!

And Margie,
Thanks for the video links. Something about those videos made me anxious to get to another live show. But I know I just have to me patient and wait till this summer. (And yes I do realize how lucky I am that Sonny does a show so close by, particularly given Genny's comment that the closest to her is an 8hr drive.)

Katie

Hi Genny,
Hope you're just about healed by now. I think the Portland Festival would be great and you get two Sonny performances, but there's always Bakersfield on Sept 19 (just a mere six hours away)

Just checking out the html features and making this a click link so you don't have to cut and paste it.
Genny

video posted up there by Margie of the boys in Moscow

http://bluesjammer.livejournal.com/147646.html

Oh, and thanks for all the well wishes everyone, my shoulder seems to be getting better every day (with a lot of physical therapy and much work on my part) and the pain is getting less as well. It's wonderful to be able to wash/style my own hair again!