Return to Website

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board

Broken Hearted Road Message/Discussion Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mississippi Blues?

I noticed this morning that amazon.com is offering a Sonny CD I have never seen before called "Mississippi Blues". The record label is called "Fuel 2000" - yikes.

http://www.amazon.com/Mississippi-Blues-Sonny-Landreth/dp/B002ZTQVDY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1270483515&sr=1-4

Anybody know what this is, or has seen a track listing? The one guy who reviewed it on amazon gave it a thumbs down. I'm guessing maybe it's a rehash of Prodigal Son or Crazy Cajun stuff. But if not, it's hard to imagine that any Sonny "acoustic meanderings" I've never heard before would not be worth $12.98. Anybody know anything about this?

Jim

Re: Mississippi Blues?

Hey Jim! You're exactly right. It'a a reissue of Crazy Cajun with a new cover. (Well, new cover but OLD photo--it was taken in the early 90s for Outward Bound. I bought the press kit on E-bay... When I got it autographed, Sonny said the photgrapher loaned him the jacket. It's got fancy embroidery a la those Flying Burrito Bros threads.) There's a nice 2-page recap of Sonny's musical history inside, but other than those 2 features (notes & cover), no changes to the tunes.