Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A MISSION STATEMENT

EVBOESI CONGRESS
(MISSION STATEMENT)

TO ALL EVBOESI PEOPLE ON PLANET EARTH

FROM VICTOR EKHATOR.

It is an irony that the Evboesi people blessed with a history and culture that pre-dates modern civilization and stretching to the stone-aged era, are today shadow of their fore-bears. It is a shame that the Evboesi dukedom that had flourishing agro-based industries that formed the economic base of our relationship with neighboring villages and environs, are today still bogged down by poverty.

2. The important thing today is that, we glorify and pride ourselves on past historical exploits of our progenitors whilst refusing to make history for which our children and generation yet unborn would be proud of. We have replaced collectivism and communialism with individualism, self aggrandizement, and false sense of personal economic and political security. The shanties, huts and hovels
of our poverty-stricken people in Evboesi is a testimony to this fact.People are migrating to big cities leaving behind our own dear native Evboesi - all these remind me of the human decay that preceded the fall of the great kingdoms and dukedoms and if care is not taken Evboesi we pride ourselves from will become a forgotten place left to rot in abyss.

3. Whilst the other villages in Orhionmwon are holding world congresses ie the Urhonigbe community in the United States of America and else where what stops Evboesi indigenes of doing likewise,Evboesi people wake up from your slumber! For a people without vision must perish. We as a people today lack vision, lack an ideology, lack and agenda, lack principle and contingency plan against the political and economic variables at work.

In Evboesi of today, We all hope for a better tomorrow failing to realize that today is the tomorrow we hoped for yesterday.Evboesi people rise up together in a PAN EVBOESI CONGRESS to discuss the way forward in this millenium and reclaim your historical delights in Edo state and Orhionmwon.

4. We must collectively through a PAN EVBOESI CONGRESS:

(a) Promote and protect the interest of Evboesi people under the sun.

(b) Encourage the socio-economic development of Evboesi people.

(c) Foster awareness and unity among Evboesi people.

(d) Develop a political, economic and social-cultural agenda in order to survive and prosper in the 21st century.

(e) Be able to determine what we stand for in a multi-ethnic society and what other ethnic groups in Edo state in particular and Nigeria in general feel about Evboesi and know about us.

(f) Be able to avoid intra-Evboesi intrigues and gear ourselves up to the goal of unity and solidarity in our dealings with other groups in and around us.

(g) Cultivate the relationship of others in concentric circles with Evboesi interest as the pivot and center of action.

(h) Develop the potentials in our youths to their optima.

( l ) Bring about developments from home base and those of us in diaspora.

Preserve and develop our historical heritage through research and publication.

5. Many may wonder why a PAN EVBOESI CONGRESS when there are already existing groups, organisations, associations and clubs both at home and abroad? While thanking the pioneering efforts of these bodies, I make bold to say that we require an umbrella body to coordinate and synthesize the efforts of these existing bodies. A sort of mass movement of all and sundries that is not parochial, political, elitist, restrictive and self-serving. A global organisation that will ginger Evboesi people from their stupor of ignorance, baseness of animalism and marginalization in the Orhiomwon, Edo and Nigerian polity. A body that cuts across all strata and involves our Enogie and his chiefs, business men, academia, public officers, politicians of all shades and persuasion, traders and market women, students and youth organizations, farmers and artisans etc with the sole aim of propagating Evboesi`s interest.

6. I must place on record my deep appreciation for the numerous calls of appreciation and encouragement from Evboesi people both at home and abroad especially Mr Peter Ogedegbe, Mr Johnbul Emodia, Mr Moses Aiguobasimwin, Barisster Boniface Ahuwan, Barisster Osahon Ahuwan, Mr Amowie Ahuwan, Mr Daniel Obasuyi, Mr Monday Ogedegbe Mr Joseph Agbonrhierhien, Mr Cosmas Usiobaifo Osakue, Mr Aigberha Godspower,Mr Imudia Igbineweka and Mr Spencer Osaro Osakue for the fundamental issues raised, For the need for us all to come together to discuss EVBOESI. I thank you prominent sons of Evboesi who challenged me to coordinate a PAN EVBOESI CONGRESS whilst I still need some prominent individuals to provide the initial take-off capital. Let me also thank myself for accepting the challenge. Because by so doing, I have exposed myself to the usual baseless rumours and innuendos that are the hall-mark of Evboesi people.

My only prayer is that if 'am organizing a PAN EVBOESI CONGRESS for personal glorification or

Re: A MISSION STATEMENT