Return to Website

Skeezee-reez´s Discussion Forum

Let´s rub our minds together to see how we can be creative symbiotically

Skeezee-reez´s Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gay / lesbian convention in Nigeria

Is this something new or about to evolve in our Africa Society???

Monday, December 5, 2005

You may turn your nose up in scorn or shrug in shock. But it's real: Gays and lesbians are not only here , they have vowed to establish a firm foothold in the country, daring anyone to stop them if he can.
The group recently held its first Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Nigeria, under the auspices of Changing Attitude Nigeria (CAN), an affirmation of guys and lesbians in the Anglican Communion CAN. It is headed by Mr. Davies Mac-Iyalla.

The AGM

It was a three-day event, beginning from Friday, November 25, to Sunday, November 27, 2005. According to the CAN director, the meeting was aimed at devising strategies that would enable them create the necessary impact within the Nigerian society as members of the same society.

The meeting which started with normal Christian prayer, with all those present bowing their, heads was followed immediately with a hymn.

Composition of the gathering

The group comprised mainly young men and women. Some even came in exotic cars, while a few rode on "Okada (commercial vehicle)." Majority of them were simply dressed in jeans trousers. They wore jeans and T-shirts, while others simply put on a shirt on a jeans.

They welcomed one another with a hug and even sometimes with a kiss. Some even felt excited at the sight of any of their long lost loved ones. In fact, the same way a boy would welcome his lover-girl, was the same way they welcomed one another.
They all felt excited about the meeting and praised Mr. Mac-Iyalla for putting the event together, a meeting that gave them the opportunity, for the first time, to converge at a venue.

Membership were drawn from all parts of the country; Lagos, Ibadan, Calabar, Enugu, Jos, North, Port Harcourt, FCT etc.

Prominent among those who attended are: Dare Odumoye, Chief Executive Officer of Alliance Rights, Mr. Okey, President of Support Project in Nigeria (SPIN) and Mr. Bisi Alimi, the first gay to appear on the National Television Authority (NTA) network programme, to publicize his sexuality. Alliance Rights and SPIN are all NGOs, working for gays and lesbians in Nigeria.

Mac-Iyalla delivers his address

He started his address by expressing surprise at the number of those who responded to the clarion call to attend the meeting. He claimed that he had budgeted for just 120 people. But from Daily Sun's estimation, those who attended the meeting were about a thousand.

Mac-Iyalla went further to say that if he had caved in to pressures from some members to hold the meeting at the night, he was sure that the attendance would have been more than a thousand.
And true to his words, during the dinner party which came up in the night after the Saturday meeting, those in attendance were well over a thousand.
He disclosed during the meeting that he refused to concede to the pressure to hold the meeting at night because they are not "the people of the dark," adding that Archbishop Akinola was not a better Christian than any of them.
While arguing that gays and lesbians are called by God to express their sexuality in "loving, faithful and committed relationship," the CAN director further said prejudice against them in the church was tantamount to racism or prejudice against women, and declared that they would no longer accept it.
"W are creating a group of lesbian and gay Anglican Church members, lay and ordained, who are prepared to be open and visible within the church, meeting together to develop ideas, aims, and strategies.
"Therefore, the church should stop colluding with cultural repression and discrimination against lesbians, gay and bisexual people in all parts of the world," Mac-Iyalla added.

Goodwill messages

At the meeting, several goodwill messages poured in from all over the world to identify with and encourage the group. But the one that caught the attention of Daily Sun was the one from the gay Bishop, Rt.Rev. Gene Robinson, the Bishop of New Hampshire. The message reads: "Greetings to all of you in the name of Jesus Christ! Oh, how I long to be with you as you gather for your first meeting. If I were there, I would tell you how much I admire and respect you. I would tell you what an honour it is to be your brother-in-Christ. And I would remind you of what you have come to know - that as Christians, who also happen to be gay men and lesbians, you are loved by God beyond your wildest imagining.

Re: Gay / lesbian convention in Nigeria

Hi to all you gay and lesbian HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you all i must express my feeling to you all that i am highly disappointed in you especially the Christian and the so called BESHOP you all are disgrace to man and God i will advice you go and study ur bible very well and think of something good to do with your self Remember this is the end time REPEANT AND B SAVED.

O YE USELESS HOMOSEXUAL WHO THINK THEY CAN ROOST IN NIGERIA,KNOW THAT 5 YEAR JAIL TERM AWAITS YOU...DIRTY FAGGOTS

God help us!!

Before i start i want to say i am 100% straight but i think every human being are equal non is equal than the other irrespective of their sexuallity so my support goes out to all the homosexual community in nigeria keep the faith and be strong

Being gay/lesboo..doent make one an evil person or an outcast in the society because its just thier sexual side of discipline..some people are born gay/lesbian or bisexual while some were influenced. As a psycology student,I will say that nigerians encouraged gay/lesbian/bisexual existence in nigeria by establishing SAME-SEX SCHOOLS. Keeping your kids away from the opposite sex for a very long time discourages them from having intrests in those opposite sex and they begin to get too close to their same-sex buddies.To conclude my point, everyone has the right to find happines in a way that doesnt affects the society. if people find happiness in their same sex paterner, then let them be!!....walk away from them if they make u feel uncomfotable but dont judje them because its thier social right and if its religiously wrong, than let thier creator be the judge!!.

Na Lie.
Fem! with ur philosophy. being a gay/lesbian is a very bad and unHoly thing to do. God created Adam and Eve for a reason.
'put John 4 boys school or mixed am, who go be gay go gay' and its despicable to see Nigerians in such act too. I was in a Club in east london with my girl, when two stupid black *******s start kissing each other, i had to change my position and sit because of those idiots, also two lesbians were disgraced on a bus stop bye teenage white boys here in london, not to even talk about Naija.
'Ogun kill' all the Gays and lesbians on earth.
If i had a gay or lisbian in my family,that person should known i have nothing to do with him or her, not to even think of drinking from same cup. I might never say 'Hi'
I No Fear TOTO **** YANCH.
easily to behead them if them be tingos self.

THIS IS A DISGREACE TO NIGERIA IF THEY WILL SET AND
WATCH THE THESE DEMOIC ACT TOOK PLACE IN NIGERIA..
THEY SHOULD STONE THEM TO DEAD.. JUST LIKE THE JAMAIKANS DO... THEY ARE DEVIL AND EVIL.
I REALLY PITY THERE GENERATION..
WELL THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END
AND THE BIBLE HAS SAID IT ALL.
FOR ME THEY DESERVE DAELTH.

for me is not the best,is against God,no where in bible God allow such a thing,and if God dont allow it,why should i say its good or allow people pratice such a thing,and i will be happy.chuks germany

pls let them be whatever they like, the world his free and people can do what so ever please them so fever they dont disstop me. But before you condemm a gay/lesbian, how about the man that likes to run his kaaki into women ass and they both enjoy it, what name are going to call that man or the women and you the reader have you never fancy it before?

kathryn taylor seeks young boy toy

write and ask janetmck, reverend jeremy taylor d.min, lawrence forman, john e. carey, hi honglien do and kathy taylor m.a., you know now, and have known, sistermoonshine13, joel tao, robert gillen, jonah weiland, utubiaparty1, more stole