Watchmen On The Wall Forum

Welcome to the Watchmen On The Wall Forum

Isaiah 62:6

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, [which] shall never hold their peace day or night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

If you would like to post, please send me an email at hogwoodk@gmail.com
Dreams
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kindness AND truth: dream. "WE" are part of a prisoner swap (if we are born again)!

Kindness AND truth: dream. "WE" are part of a prisoner swap (if we are born again)!

Proverbs 3:3 LINK
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around
your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.

1 John 2:16 LINK
For all that is in the world,
(1)the lust of the flesh
(2)and the lust of the eyes
(3)and the boastful pride of life,
is not from the Father, but is from the world.

~~~~~~~

Yesterday I watched Bridge of Spies LINK for the first time.

Tom Hanks plays the lawyer who represented Rudolf Abel.

Plot LINK
In 1957 New York City, Rudolf Abel is arrested and charged with spying for the Soviet Union, and insurance lawyer James B. Donovan is appointed to be Abel's legal counsel. Committed to the principle that the accused deserves a vigorous defense, he mounts the best defense of Abel he can, declining along the way to cooperate in the CIA's attempts to induce him to violate the confidentiality of his communications with his client.

Abel is convicted, but Donovan convinces the judge to spare Abel the death penalty because Abel had been serving his country honorably, and he might prove useful for a future prisoner exchange; Abel is sentenced to 30 years. Donovan appeals the conviction to the Supreme Court based on the lack of a search warrant for the seizure of Abel's ciphers and photography equipment. For his principled stand Donovan and his family are harassed, including shots being fired at their home. The conviction is upheld.

Abel's 'life' was spared and he was NOT sentenced to DEATH.
His lawyer actually saw the strong possibility that he might
be exchanged in a future prisoner plot.

This morning, I dreamed that the Tom Hanks character came
to me with a small glass with a pill in it and told me to drink
it. There was SUCH real kindness in him that I had no doubt
that the pill was helpful (as he was in the movie).

1 Peter 3 LINK
17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong. 18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,

Re: Kindness AND truth: dream. "WE" are part of a prisoner swap (if we are born again)!

1 Corinthians 4 NIV
5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait
until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden
in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At
that time each will receive their praise from God.