Return to Website

Four Winds Collection Message Forum

Welcome to the Four Winds Collection New Message Forum. We represent four US based foundries that make high quality reproduction bronze sculptures, limited edition, and original pieces of work. We have many early and historical photographs available and are always buying pre-1920's photographs. We also have a very large collection of Richard Stone Reeves equine limited edition prints available for sale. Remember to visit our home page. Thank you the Four Winds Collection. Please do not post "For Sale Ads" in the Message Forum. Use the classified ads.

Four Winds Collection Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: S. Sternau & Co

I was just given a chaffing pan with the stand, water pan,cover and burner. The pan has two patons on it: March 21, 1893 and Sept. 17, 1895 by S.Sternau & Co., New York. The inside bottom of the water pan is copper; I suspect the rest is silver or silver plate? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks. Bev

Re: Re: S. Sternau & Co

Hi
I purchased a similar Fondon (not sure if this is the correct spelling) with the same date's inscribed at the bottom of the burner and the silver/copper metal bottom. Please advise if you have been updated on the history of this kitchen ware. I would like to know if you have been given an appraisal. Please advise. I could take a picture of what I have with me to compare with what you have? If that is OK, please advise. My email address: fremlini@yahoo.com.au

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Irene

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was just given a chaffing pan with the stand, water pan,cover and burner. The pan has two patons on it: March 21, 1893 and Sept. 17, 1895 by S.Sternau & Co., New York. The inside bottom of the water pan is copper; I suspect the rest is silver or silver plate? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks. Bev

Re: No Subject

Does anyone know how much the 1893 S. Sternau & co chafing dish is worth