Dachengdao Web Forum

Philosophical and technical discussion of all aspects of kung fu

Dachengdao Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Zuang & Depression

Hi! Thanks for posting. Yes Zuang can correct energy imbalances and in a relatively short period of time. A bad temper is a result of too much fire in the liver, so be careful not to drink too much (alcohol). A glass of warm water with the juice of one lime (not lemon) first thing in the morning before eating should help detox the bad liver Qi as well as practicing a minimum of 30 minutes of standing exercise each night before bed time. As for depression, most TCM people would say it is an imbalance of metal (lungs & large intestine), but this is usually grief as opposed to clinical depression from a chemical imbalance. If associated with obesity or eating disorders, it would be an earth imbalance (stomach & spleen), or it could be depression stemming from unreleased rage, which would be a liver problem. Regardless of the origin, Dachengquan corrects any and all Qi imbalances while TCM has to rely on proper diagnosis for successful treatment. If you combine the two, I'd think you'd get extraordinary rsults in a short time. Feel free to write again with more questions or comments. Thanks for posting!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Master Wang I've noticed that standing meditation has given me better control over my temper.

Do you think it would have positive effects on those suffering from depression?