Philosophical and technical discussion of all aspects of kung fu

Dachengdao Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: information

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your post! Yes you are quite right to say Zhan Zhuang is the foundation of Dachengquan. It can also enhance any other style of martial arts as well. Have you visited my Dachengdao group on Yahoo? I posted a "how to" on Zhuang. I also have some of Wang Xuanjie's philosophy in the files section, and lots of pics. Since you are in New York, maybe you'd like to study with us. I teach in Chinatown and East Elmhurst, Queens. Check my website for more details: www.dcdkungfu.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello. I am looking for information about dacheng quan. From all that I have read so far, the foundation of training is zhan zhuang practice and this continues throughout training. It seems that the instruction on zhan zhuang is detailed and sophisticated, from the postural aspect to the 'yi' aspects. I am in New York and am looking for a school.

Re: Re: information

Wang Laoshi,

Thank you for your quick response to my post. I hope that I can study with you in Chinatown. I have already been practicing Zhan Zhuang, for some time now, but I am still just a beginner. I used to study Chen shi Taijiquan, but right now i want to get into the center of the zhan zhuang practice. I look forward to meeting you some time in the next 1 or 2 months.

Nigel

Replying to:

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your post! Yes you are quite right to say Zhan Zhuang is the foundation of Dachengquan. It can also enhance any other style of martial arts as well. Have you visited my Dachengdao group on Yahoo? I posted a "how to" on Zhuang. I also have some of Wang Xuanjie's philosophy in the files section, and lots of pics. Since you are in New York, maybe you'd like to study with us. I teach in Chinatown and East Elmhurst, Queens. Check my website for more details: www.dcdkungfu.com

Replying to:

Hello. I am looking for information about dacheng quan. From all that I have read so far, the foundation of training is zhan zhuang practice and this continues throughout training. It seems that the instruction on zhan zhuang is detailed and sophisticated, from the postural aspect to the 'yi' aspects. I am in New York and am looking for a school.