Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

Gripes
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shove it

Yeah, and vacuum cleaners!

Wankers.

PT

And what the F#@k are those golf size umbrellas all about??? Any rainy day in town you get some middle aged bandit eager to show their class affiliation by walking through town with one whilst scratching other pedestrian's faces off. Probs massive Tories..Knobs....

I get the same abuse when I wear my sombrero to the opera.

I thought that was your fro.
Good job you couldn't do a ride. went out in sunshine which turned to strong northerly wind which then started raining, then the sun came out and it was warm again....then the sleet arrived, followed by heavy rain.
Tad chilly by the time I got home....in fact jeffin' freezing.

Pale Rider
I think that the forum is a load of crap.

you're probably right

Adriano
I think that milk chocolate digestives suck

you're mental

Adriano
And what the F#@k are those golf size umbrellas all about??? Any rainy day in town you get some middle aged bandit eager to show their class affiliation by walking through town with one whilst scratching other pedestrian's faces off. Probs massive Tories..Knobs....

You're not mental. You're probably right.

and Latex tubes, what a bag of over priced wind!
if i wanted something that went soft before i got a chance to use it again i can think of better things.

rule Tubeless!

Is it possible to remove the four clicks I now have to go through before I finally reach the forum. I'm sure I can remember it use to be 2 clicks (as in tupac Shakur)
Please comment!

mmmmmmmmm. mud tyres on then?..trying the hutchinson dzo this winter - a bit OTT for cambs but essential round my way. Also - I think wicken fen cafe scones really are the best around, combined with blackcurrant jam and a black coffee they really do add a touch of class to a nice fenland jaunt.