Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

Gripes
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cravings...

Having been veganish for about 7 years now, I have recently really started to crave a fish finger sandwich. Probably posh ones from M&S, a little bit of tartar sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice, all hosted within a lightly grilled granary bun (controversial...).

What have you given up, and what is your craving?

Re: Cravings...

After 7 years and you crave for processed stuff? Why not a fresh caught salmon fillet, or matured rib eye steak. Real food.

Taxi!..........taxi for the man who has never enjoyed a premium fish finger sandwich and is yet to experience the divine blend of reconstituted cod delicately wrapped in toasted breadcrumbs served within a moist elegant bap...

real food

Liver and bacon casserole.

Haven't given it up but as the missus doesn't like liver it's been in short supply.

Not now she's in New Zealand it isn't,

Mmmmmmmmm

Is that a craving or a fetish?

of all the things i miss, i miss my mind the most.

second place is desserts, as Julie "doesen't do desserts" so Connor and i have to fore go them in order to keep the peace.

That is quite profound Pat, Where did you lose your mind? I think you can buy them on alibaba. However, I would imagine they are predisposed to compliance with totalitarian regimes so may not help with your dessert dilemma

I would mind missing desserts. Are you sure it's not deserts that Julie doesn't like?

I gave up a Happy, productive,empire building, rewarding, exploring, lots(shed loads of) of friends, really enjoyable, well paid, property purchasing, HAPPY, uncomplicated (You can see where this is going) LIFE.....
And got married......... Phfffff