Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Promoting SHOW US YOURS!!

The sharp-eyed among you will have noticed that there are a number of 'free' spaces in the runslist for people to lead their own ride.

The idea is that someone who doesn't normally lead a ride has a go and shows us a route that is their particular favourite or one they have simply assembled in a fit of pique.

First one is scheduled for 3 weeks time. Can we have some volunteers please?

Perhaps one of the newbies would like a go...Aussie Adam? Shelton?

PT

Re: Promoting SHOW US YOURS!!

Would love to but my favourite ride is much the same as Pasty Toms, only mine finishes in Willingham.Trust me its nothing to do with the fact I live there honest.See you all at hardwick tonight, as riding from home.

Would Haddenham be considered too far?
It's about 14 miles back to Cambridge by road... but only 2 miles to my house

Could be "Had enough by Haddenham" ?

BigCam

Haddenham's too close - it's such a wimp-out!

We should ride to King's Lynn and back at least!

k

I'd like to lead out to Reach again, but need to check on my dates, or wait for the northern-related abuse

Richard

Us Northern guys must stick together. 'ey oop, where's me whippit? By 'eck as liiike... Haddenham and Reach both sound good to me.

I'd be happy to wander off somewhere, leading from the back - but I do appreciate that this offer may be greeted with raucous dis-belief after what can only be described as The Car-Park Incident last year.

I'll get me coat...

A daring suggestion, I know, but we could break with tradition (well not quite - Thetford springs to mind) and not start in Cambridge. I had the Red Lion in Histon in mind, and something like this. It's 30 miles, but it's very flat and there are lots of cop-out options...

Dom