Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woburn Sands

Hi all,
Has anyone ridden Woburn Sands before. I am planning on heading there this Saturday and have never been there before. From what I can gather there are no marked trails and visitors tend to rely on 'local knowledge'. (of which I have zero!...... obviously... having never been there before!... as I said.... earlier..) Any info would be a great help.

Anyhoo, this is an open invitation for peeps to come with if you would like. Prob leave Cam about 9ish and I have 1 space left in my car.

Thanks
Ads.

Re: Woburn Sands

Not been before, but I hear it's good. Snapper Savage and Mincing Andy have been so if they're reading this, perhaps they'll post.

How did the South Downs go?

PT

Hi Adam,
It's really good riding there - some trails are quite obvious and, you're right, some are local knowledge secrets. If no-one from Cambridge way is going then you could try the guys from SillyGrin. They are a good bunch - you could post on their forum and I'm sure one of them will be around and about on Saturday. Frequently, you'll find a group of riders in the car park about 9-ish and you can tag along to pick up a feel for the routes. The car park at the very end of Church Rd in Aspley is usually a good place to start.
Map

Oh No!!! Just been told by the social secretary (read fiancée) that I am NOT free Saturday morning, but I am free Saturday afternoon. So I will be heading there for an afternoon jolly. Possibly leaving Cam around 1pm.

Thanks for the info and the map/directions Mark. Its really helpful. I will check out the SillyGrin guys later.

Pasty, SDW was amazing! I was so tired, for about a week after.

Ads