Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Tuesday, May 11

Mornin' all

Next Tuesday is a Show Us Yours which I volunteered to do. In a departure from the norm (approved by the RLF Coven, I should add!) we will depart not from Brookside, but from the Red Lion in Histon, at 7.30 as usual. The reasoning for this is to open up some more of the trails in the North, without having to spend half an hour riding through Cambridge before we get off the road. As our website says about SUY, it's "just something different to our usual".

The ride will start and finish at the Red Lion. Here's what I'm planning.

I'm looking forward to seeing you!

Dom

Re: Next Tuesday, May 11

Hmm, looks like a new and intersting run to the north!

i won't be able to join in the fun but i would have liked to.

BTW, where is the refreshment stop this time?
about 25 miles?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, The terrain option does not seem to work on the mapometer, is this normal ?

Dear Pat

You clearly have confusion issues with your interesting but unclear name. Are you Pat, or Jolly, or indeed green? Similarly, you have issues over enjoyment which need resolving urgently. You say you'd have liked to have joined in the fun - well, just do! All work and no play...

Dear Mr Sherpa

I'm guessing from your interesting name (there's a theme here) that you come from a mountainous country. You'll find that the mapometer terrain setting works perfectly well for your home territory. As everyone knows, oop North there is no terrain. It's a miracle anything shows up on the map at all!

Auntie Phyllis

Good point, Pat!

I had assumed that we would do the whole ride and then collapse in the pub. There aren't really any options for an earlier feed station except Cottenham, and that's too close (and too recent!).

I've had a look and a think and come up with this new version. This is 26 miles, but we could still extend it to 30 easily if anyone is up for it, and we can also easily drop it down to 24 or even 20 if required.

Cheers
Dom

Wella bling blong bling and a ding dong ding
Can we not go via aldreth, my ex hubby is a good climber, i believe there is altitude to be gained near there...... I would then be able to see your house from there !! (mmm.... Nearly rhymes)