Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can I join you on Thursday?

Hi Cam MTB
Would it be possible to join you on Thursday evening? I dont have any lights at the moment and I am a little reluctant to buy a set until I have met you mob & got the low down on what to buy & where to buy from (they are quite expensive and would rather get recomendations from you prior to buying). I may be being a little cheeky but do any of you have a spare set I may be able to borrow for Thursday evenings ride? Cheers. Rob.

Re: Can I join you on Thursday?

Hi Rob

Of course you're welcome to join us. I don't have a spare set of lights though, I'm afraid.

Even if no one else has, right now, bring commuting ones and a map and you'll at least have the option of bailing out onto the road after a fair amount of the ride.

Also - just to reiterate the points in our masthead blurb, bring water, a spare tube AND a helmet. Speaking from recent experience, crashes happen on these rides and we much prefer it when new riders turn up with the basic equipment.

Paul

Cheers, I'll see you tomorrow.

Hi Rob

I'll bring a spare Exposure Joystick with me, together with a helmet mount, which you're welcome to use for the night. I've even charged it for you. I'll turn up five minutes or so early - the helmet mount only takes a couple of minutes to attach to your helmet with an Allen key.

See you later
Dom