Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello strangers, remember me?

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure you must remember that short girl that used to try and keep up last year. Hope you are all keeping well and still tearing up the amazing cambridgeshire singletrack!

I see that a few of you will be attending mountain mayhem this weekend, good to see. I will also be there riding for Alpkit.com. I'm sure you won't miss me as I'll be wearing a rather loud jersey which you can see here http://www.alpkit.com/unplugged/event/mountain-mayhem-10/
They'll have a stall set up, so why don't you pop over for a chat while you're recovering from your laps!

Another thing to look out for this weekend is my boyfriend Trevor. He's done quite well for himself this year and has sponsorship from ergon and will be riding SOLO. And just to advertise, here's the 24hr team site:
http://www.ergon24.com/en/home

Other good news, I'm moving back to Cambridge! Got a job in whittlesford (I'm sure some of you might be able to guess what company) so those of you not there at mountain mayhem, I will see you in a month or two. I also need a place to live, so if anyone knows of anywhere that would take me and my bikes, if you could let me know that would be a big help.

See you soon!
Sarah x

Re: Hello strangers, remember me?

Hi Sarah,

Didn't you use to have lights with a funky pattern on it?

I'm not Mayhemming this year, but have a good one and see you out again soon.

Pasty Tom

Hi Sarah, good to hear from you again.

so you have ditched the USE team colours this year.

i will keep a lookout for you this year and say hi.

Hi Sarah
Good to hear from you, and good to hear you will be rejoining us.
Hopefully see you at Mayhem
Paul