Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good luck to the OSMM'ers!

Looks like a good weekend for pelting round Eastnor Deer Park on a mountain bike.

So good luck to all and I hope you win!

Regards

PT

Re: Good luck to the OSMM'ers!

Yup good luck all you osamas....... break a leg luvvies !!

Here"s my times, totaling six wimpish laps.
2:21:50. 1:15:05. 121:47. 1:20:49. My last lap was 1:20:46 and taking a fone call telling me ive got to go round again as Jc"s shouder was killing him,B*llocks that killed me. Would I do it again? YES just for the atmosphere and taking part as if it wer"nt for slow folk like me their would"nt be a race.

did you srop for a picknic on the first lap?
well done on the others though, for a new rider they are respectable times, andthis years course felt like it had a lot more climbing than last year.

so did you ride the downhill or take the chicken run?

Na Pat, I did 2 laps, 1st time out it killed me.

so you didn't put in a sneeky practice lap first then.

how did you like the track then? bit more undulating than our wonderfull clay and chalk in Cambridgeshire.

Pat, I could"nt believe the variations on surface, god I hated that downhill with loose rubble and deep dust, im so glad they put a chicken run round it later in the evening. Oh and what was that spongy mud all about in the wooded singletrack that was hard on the legs.

the singletrack with the plasticine mud was something new for this year. All I can say is I’m glad it was a dry race.

The dusty down hill was scary as hell, but shorter than last year. I nearly ran some idiot over who overtook me exiting the singletrack going on to the dust then wiped out just round the first corner in front of me, but to be fair to him I knew he was going to crash as soon as he hit the downhill track and started wobbling. I just wish the battery had not gone flat on camera, well it got my crash earlier in the lap. The chicken run was not as good as last year, last year did not drop down the back of the hill and back up again so it was uber quick.

At least it was dry in Beach wood also known as “The Somme” due to the mud for the last 2 years. That really hurt after climb up the hill.