Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latt night's "Pasty Tom's BIG Adventure"

I just thought i would post this in thanks to Pasty for what was a fun and enjoyable evening, made all the better by seeing Duncan turn up in his "civies".

great event that was not too competetive and i think everyone completed their course prety much un-scathed....except Big Cam.

Well done Tom, great event.

Re: Latt night's "Pasty Tom's BIG Adventure"

Not too competitive? Jesus, I turned myself inside out trying to keep up with Pete! Fit for nothing today.

But yes - excellent ride Tom. Should be an annual event I reckon.

Paul

It was my pleasure - I had fun organising and running it and I even got a decent bike ride under my belt too.

Looking through the photos was one of the best laughs I've had in ages. Thinking about you all stopping people in the street and convincing them to sit on your bikes while you took a photo of them is still making me chuckle. I especially like the triple-hits such as the old lady with her dog and her elderly husband sat on Richard's bike.

And Duncan's photo's of the blindfolded horses...well I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to make the Marscapone joke.

So Kudos to you all, especially to Newbie Richard for getting into the spirit of things on one of his first rides out, Big Cam for his pink tyres and Team Fairy for the outfits.

Official results:-

1st Place - Team Beer (Paul D / Pete F) on 335 points (no time penalties, 7 checkpoints)
2nd Place - Team Fairy (Katie / Duncan) on 326 points (24 time penalties, 8 checkpoints)
3rd Place - Big Cam and Newbie Richard on 252 points (48 time penalties and a massive 9 checkpoints)
4th Place - Team Scott (Richard and Pat) on 247 points (18 time penalties and 6 checkpoints)
5th Place - Team PT's Lonely Hearts (Uncle Tom and Rob A) on 205 points (no time penalties and 8 checkpoints)
6th Place - Tony and Paul L on 193 points (52 time penalties and 8 checkpoints)

A brilliant effort and a very enjoyable night.

Yes, I'll do another one next summer. I don't mind doing another this year as well.

Regards

PT

Do you have any more photos apart from the one on the main page?

Well done indeed Pasty, a very enjoyable evening.

Apologies to Tony for dragging him unneccessarily to the water tower in Linton, next time it will be straight to the pub!

Oh my-oh lordy-Duncan In Hot Pants-pass the mind-bleach
Sometimes a chest cold can be a blessing

Who"s the bird on the left in the photo with a hairy beer belly and lacking a pair of hooters!..........

Re: Last night's "Pasty Tom's BIG Adventure"

The routes were planned and ridden,
the riders, tired and sore.
We went to places far and wide,
with Pasty keeping score.

We rode on paths, we rode up hills,
we had some downhill heaven.
I ripped my ear on a bramble bush,
dodged trucks on the A11.

20 to 18 then 11 to 2,
6 and then 4, wow what a view!
3 to 8 was smooth, fast and clear,
then 5 and Fleam Dyke, and time for a beer!

I'd like to say thanks,
for the great scheme and such.
So thank you Sir Pasty,
thanks very much...

Photos on Facebook

Many Thanks Pasty for a Brilliant Evenening - Tom R

Thanks pasty for a totally different evening that was great fun. For those who weren't there. It was extremely competitive. What do you expect if you give 12 Cam MTBers, A time allowance and 20 checkpoints to reach! 2.5 hours of riding as fast as bodies would allow, meant the Adnams tasted particularly good at the end. Thanks too Rob for accompanying me on our quest for victory. Next time....

cheers

Tom R