Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Incoming Visitor Student: BTT routes and off road rides

Good afternoon,

My name is Francesc Cecília and I amb new on this forum. I am a 24 years old researcher from the University of Barcelona. I have a Training Grant for doing part of my Master thesis work at the Dept. of Archaeology at the University of Cambridge during the first term course. So I will be living on the city from the 5th august to november 2010.

My BTT bike will flight with me and will be in Cambridge during my academic stage. I have contacted some cycle clubs in the city and they have passed my your bikers group and forum. I would like to enjoy my Cambridge experience riding on my free time and making some interesting routes, so I am writing to you because I would like to contact you during my first days here If you are interested.

Well, the purpose of these message was only for having a first contact with you and to present myself.

I am looking forward to hearing from you, or please do no hesitate to contact me if you could tell me some general inquiries or information.

thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Francesc Cecília, Barcelona 31/07/2010

Re: Incoming Visitor Student: BTT routes and off road rides

Hi Francesc

Keep an eye on the forum for daytime rides at the weekend - people will sometimes post an advert for one.

And of course you're welcome to join us on the evening rides - if you don't have any suitable lights, there's often people willing to lend out a set - just post and ask a day or so ahead of the ride you want to do.

Cheers

Paul

PS - if you use your bike around town - make sure you have serious locks, ideally two, one chain, one a D-lock. Cambridge is awful for bike thieves...