Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone out tonight?

Come on Pat its on your door step tonight.

Re: Anyone out tonight?

So you're leading tonight then Shelton? See you at 7.30

P.S. any weather related excuses tonight better be pretty creative ... the weather radar shows the rain has more or less passed already ... weather radar link

Well, Mike and I went to the Waggon and Horses and were very disappointed that no-one joined us. We arrived with bikes (although they were, admittedly, in the boots of our respective cars) and had a pint and waited quite a while, but no-one turned up.

The fact that we were there at 7pm may have had something to do with it.

I clearly couldn't ride tonight, because my tyres have inner tubes in, and as we all know, on days when:
- it's rained in the afternoon
- it isn't raining at the time the ride is due to start
- it looks like it's going to rain during the time the ride will take place, but
- it probably actually won't
those tyres just won't work...

Dom

We're here now with a lovely pint of Golden Newt
A tad wet in places it has to be said!.

Sorry I couldn't join you tonight chaps, last minute requirement to work so am currently in a noisy, soulless comms room in Docklands, for my sins! Fingers crossed for Thursday.

Richard

Had a souper douper ride, dry (ish) and three pints of Landlords at Colins pub... does/could life be any better......dinga donga !!
See u on't Thursday !!

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Reg: F@*k off! We're the People's Front of Judea!

Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for yourselves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Sch!

Lieutenant Frank Drebbin: What about the wedding? What was she wearing?

Captain Ed Hocken: Don't torture yourself! Put her out of your mind.

Lieutenant Frank Drebbin: l can't get her out of my mind. What about the guy? Do you know anything about him?

Captain Ed Hocken: Not much. Just that he's an Olympic gymnast and it's the best sex she's ever had.

Thought I'd join in - I'm just not sure what into...

Dom

Bog off !! we're "The indiscreet group" An incongruous charitable arm of the "friends of the pigeonholed peoples front of Judea". We just ride around on our bikes, get pissed & post malapropos messages early in the morning.

The Khasi of Kalabar: May the benevolence of the god Shivoo bring blessings on your house.
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And on yours.

The Khasi of Kalabar: And may his wisdom bring success in all your undertakings.
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And in yours.

The Khasi of Kalabar: And may his radiance light up your life.
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: And up yours.

Not out tonight, I'm entertaining...

(Scene around Campfire)

parp-----pfffftttt---breeeeeppp-----buuuurpp--parrrrrpppp--buuuurrrpp

(enter Mr. Taggart waving hat furiously)

How about some more beans Mr.Taggart?

(Mr. Taggart)

Reckon you had about enough--------

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

Next!

King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Don't you think this has gone on long enough?

Lt. Frank Drebin: That's the red-light district. I wonder why Savage is hanging around down there.
Captain Ed Hocken: Sex, Frank?
Lt. Frank Drebin: Uh, no, not right now, Ed.