Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local ride on Thursday

for anyone not able to make it over to Thetford on Thursday, i plan to ride local, no specific route in mind but that can be decided on the night by whoever else turnes up and what the weather is doing.
usual time and place.

Re: Local ride on Thursday

I'm up for a local ride too.

now i can't promice a 100 mile epic for you but weather permitting we will see what we can manage.

Yep, I'm up for a local ride too. I normally do a Dom, any vague ideas of a destination. Cheers. Rob.

Hi Rob,
on occasions like this we normaly make it up on the night and pick a pub/route depending on enthusiasm and weather.

i will have a think overnigt and post again tomorrow if i think of something interesting and achieavable.

yup me too. So the choices are the white thingy at foxton, the 3 horse shoes at comberton or the oak at barrington..... Failing that the blue ball at grantchester i have a cunning plan 4 a ride that can even be done in stair rods .. C u there :-)

So after a visit to the three horse shoes & my Stella act a twat fueled thoughts of last night, apparently... due to holiday preperation 'I will not be out tonight'
I did however see a sign outside the white thing in Foxton revealing that this evening it is free beer & loose ladies between the hours of 9.30-11.30...... sounds unmissable !!

ok. the white Thingy at Foxton has it.

it's been a manic day at work and i cant see this afternoon being any better.

if we all ask nicely maybe Katie will stay sober and can give us all a lift home.....NOT.

i will bring my map and we can sort a route before we ride. i have a few ideas.

Cool beans, see you at the start. I'll bring a map too.

Is Foxton still the destination?
Cheers, Rob.

Yep as far as I know !

cool ... looks like I can't make it to Thetford tonight, so will join you lot on a nice soggy local ride. I'm bringing my mask and snorkel - you rekon I'll need flippers?