Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Struggling to find you....

Hi

Tried the Cross Keys last Thursday ... seems to have become a restaurant and no bikers in sight

Instead thought maybe you started at the pub and tried the Bees in the Wall last night ... no bikers there either

Third time lucky ... restaurant that isn't the Cross Keys on the 25th at 7:30?? (Have to go home to Oxford after so Thetford is a bit of a long way in the wrong direction)

Cheers
Simon

Re: Struggling to find you....

The weather's been a bit grim lately, and the forum posts a bit off-topic, so you couldn't have picked a worse time! Not too many people about.
However, it seems there will definitely be a group riding from (not) The Cross Keys tonight.

Re: Japas Bento box formerly known as the cross keys pub

Perhaps its time to change the forum notes as the cross keys is no longer the cross keys and is now the bento box!

S

Simon,

Fair point, reference to the Cross Keys really ought to be changed for the benefit of new riders. That said, I've just looked and it HAS been changed now!

We did indeed go to the Bees in the Wall, Whittlesford on Tuesday, but it was shut when we got there so some went on to the Queens Head at Newton instead and the rest (including me) went home.

Richard

Guilty!
Had been thinking for a long time that we probably should update the forum after the demise of the Cross Keys pub ... so Simon's post prompted me to make the change

Rich,

Can you change the www.cammtb.co.uk home page as well ?

Richard

Fantastic

Look forward to meeting (some of) you later

Cheers
Simon

Unfortunately I don't have access to the main web page.