Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rich and G's Bucks 'n Hens ride next Tuesday

Dear all

As many of you will be aware Rich and G are getting hitched very shortly. To mark the occasion, in true CamMTB fashion we will be staging a combined Bucks 'n Hens ride to the Hare and Hounds next Tuesday.

The plan is to have a short ride via Harlton woods arriving at the pub around 8.45. There will then be food and drink until they throw us out...

Partners more than welcome.

Tutus, wigs, fairy costumes optional but you know you want to!!

Re: Rich and G's Bucks 'n Hens ride next Tuesday

Hopefully, I'll be back from Redhill in time, but if not have a great evening.

I'll get in early with a predictable comment;
- Shelton, since you'll be wearing your Gimp outfit that night, can I use one of your dresses?

PT

haha ... not sure whether to laugh at the thought of you wearing a dress again PT, or be scared .... very scared ....
G will appreciate your support though

What, PT's athletic support?

I won't be able to make it I'm afraid - traveling back from Germany on Tuesday evening - but have a great time and take plenty of photos!

Paul

How did you know about my athletic support, the noo?

Jock

Rachel & I will be out.

Mark T will be out. He will not be wearing a dress though...

I shall be there....can't decide which dress to where though!

I'll be out---PLEASE-NO DRESSES--only just finished therapy from last time

Sorry to be missing the ride and jollities tonight but I'm doubled-booked I'm afraid.

Rich & G - hope it's a memorable evening... Hmmm, CamMTB in drag... how could that NOT be memorable

Richard

Wont be out on a ride, got home early and took advantage as missus let me out, but however I did get soaked on the ride.Pasty sorry hun my lacy bra and panties are in the wash and for the Gimp mask when are you going to give it back?........... Ooops. May pop in pub later if missus gets back in time from work meeting.

Not out after all. My wig and dress will have to stay in the wardrobe until their usual weekend outing.

Too tired. Bed late. Slept poorly. 4 hours driving and long meeting.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS Gimp mask in post, Shakey

Well done to those that made it out last night despite the late rain, and thanks to Paul for sorting out the food mountain, but MOST ESPECIALLY...

...BEST WISHES TO RICH & 'G' FOR THEIR FORTHCOMING WEDDING IN ITALY!!!

A decent send off in the usual CamMTB style (i.e. no style) and a few beers to offset the small amount of exercise we had to endure before the feast.

I hope you have a great time and all goes well. Don't forget to enter your team of four riders for Dusk 'til Dawn when you get back. (Rich's parents have been in training for weeks now)!
Pork pie for breakfast anyone?

Cheers!
Mark

Re: Rich and G's Bucks 'n Hens ride - Forum photo wanted

Ideally emailed to me. But reasonably safe for family viewing - Tallack & inflatable woman got my Photobucket account redflagged...

Paul

On the subject of these things, can you remember why I was banned from the forum a while back? We were talking about it last night, but the reason escapes me...

Memory is a bit hazy - I think I had a sense of humour failure over a series of particularly nonsensical posts when someone new had asked a serious question. You may even have been collateral damage when I was trying (futilely) to block a certain O2 mobile phone account

Come on people - photos!

Paul

Oh yes, I think I remember now...Penny Something-or-other I believe. Those were the days...

BTW, I think Paul L has some pix from last night, and a few others had cameras/phones too.

Yes - that was indeed it! Trolling the forum.

Bad boy(s)...