Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Sale: Singular Swift 29er

Bonjour mes amis! Is anyone interested in buying my Singular Swift? It's a large (19" frame, 24"tt) with an EBB, currently in singlespeed mode. Components are all good ones - no cheap bits. Can be changed to 1x9/10/11. It's in fantastic condition - it's been woefully underridden. I think it's been out about 8 times?

Gonna stick it on STW, but thought I'd ask here first. Can provide full spec if anyone is interested....

Andy

Re: For Sale: Singular Swift 29er

Hey Andy, I don't want to buy your (very lovely) bike, but I do want to catch up with you. Drop me a line...

Hadn't realised one says "mes" instead of "mon" in the past tense.. mmmm I blame Madame Tait.....then again some people say "havn't got no" which is also confusing to some of us people within the Sh**house service industry... why must she go ?

Sorry.... I take it one's Swift is referred to in the female gender (most 29ers are... I think it's due to them possessing such mind blowing ride qualities) ?

Oyster bay Merlot 2009....... Top Boll**ks..... & best of all never gifts a hangover....AAAARRRHHH where has the summer gone, been a good summer (for most)
When I die and leave behind
This earth I love
These trees, this sky,
The pounding sea,
The yearly hope of spring,
Cry not for me,
Rejoice.
My soul has wings
And in its freedom sings.

That's the summer......not me....but a great bit of verse

Sorry Andy
Yeah what about those poor berisfords in chile....... sod that no sky tele or nuffin'

Duncan, I think it's time for your medicin.

Bloody Hell! What was all THAT about?

Yeah, sorry - I spelled medicine wrong.....

makes a change, that is my job Pasty

Sorry Andy but i do not have room in my stable for a 29er, but if i'm allowed to build a second extension on the shed.....who knows

Poor chap only wants to sell his decent 29er.... Whats all that sh*te about!!