Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Xmas dinner - venue suggestion

Hi folks,

I noticed that a couple of dates have been put in the runs list for our Xmas dinner. I think one or two people have mentioned The Geldart as a possible alternative venue for this year. I'm happy to contact them and find out about availability and what the options for cost/menu would be, if there's enough interest? Nothing against The Castle, but we might have a bit more space / different food options at The Geldart.

I thought I could do a big sell on their late license, but that seems to be Friday/Saturday only. Still, there might be more choice in the area for a post-11:30pm 'one for the road'

Any thoughts?

Richard

Re: Xmas dinner - venue suggestion

Richard,

Good idea to get a second option. I can't remember how many diners there were last year, but we overflowed our usual area so if the Geldart could accommodate more that would be good.

Plus space for the awards ceremony, of course!

Tom

Geldart was great last time we were there with a group - happy with either venue though (Castle is a 5 min walk from home )

Personally prefer the castle. Thought food was ok. Good beer. Near centre of town. Will there be as many coming this year ? Geldart was ok... But not great !

Does it have to be in town? Why not support one of the pubs we ride out too? Maybe Royal oak Barrington or The Golden Ball Boxworth.