Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Thurs Ride

Ok Guys, I know I made a fuss about Thetford being on a Thurs rather than a tues and I hav'nt been out in a while. Im not up to doing Thetford as I dont feel 100% Im going out regardless but staying local,if anyone else would prefer to do a closer to home ride then post up. Usual meet point/time, propose to ride out to The Pub in Histon im sure someone will point me in the right direction cant remember the name of the pub but it does some pretty mean ale.

Re: This Thurs Ride

Shelton. I hope to be out for a local ride on Thursday - if I have managed to replace all the bits that 'Pablo' bent last Thursday - still waiting for a delivery from Chain Reaction. Tony

Hi Tony, Hav'nt you heard of self enterprise? with all the students in cambridge just take a reasonable size tool kit out with you one evening and help yourself to the parts that you require to get you rolling again. SIMPLE.......... May see you tomorrow then? cheers Shelton

Depending how my back feels (but more importantly the amount of work I get done tomorrow) I may be out for a bimble. I can't get out to Thetford tomorrow night.

PT

I Can't make it over to thetford (can't afford the repairs this month either to be honest), so i'm going to ride a local one tonight.

got a couple of ideas in mind for a route but it's just about 3.5 miles to the pub in Histon if no one else turns up

I'll be there for a local one if I can fix my back brake somehow (hopefully it's just some oil on the rotor).

I'm up for a local ride tonight, Whats the destination pub going to be?
Cheers
Rob A

Hey all it sounds like all our bikes are w*nked out!.. Ive come up with a cunning plan, why dont we make one decent and strange looking machine and all climb aboard??.. It does remind me of the Johnny cash number, one piece at a time. See you laters.Pat 3.5 miles to pub? which way are you going bud only it must be that to Dry Drayton......

So what's the story then? Is anyone still meeting at the usual place in Cambridge?

(I can't make it down to Whittlesford in time as mentioned in another thread)

07826 841946

Frazer