Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deal extreme light charger?

Morning all,
I am wondering if anyone has a spare deal extreme DX07 light charger? Looks like mine has bitten the dust (light is green when you plug into battery even though the battery is dead).
I am ordering a new one but I am sure it will take a few weeks to arrive'.
Serves me right for buying a "cheapo" light :(

Geordynige

Re: Deal extreme light charger?

Hi. Nige,

I had an issue with mine, it's worth prising the charger apart & looking for dodgy joints-mine wasn't soldered properly where the output lead to the battery was attached to the circuit board. A lot of people seem to have trouble with these shonky chargers. Great light all the same-I feel it's only the charger that lets it down.A lot of people seem to source a different charger form the U.K but I don't know where from. Possibly worth a search on Singletrack.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the advice, i will have a search around on t'net!
I bought another light this morning so at least I have some spare parts if I need them!!
Cheers
GN

Hi Rick,
You can get a UK charger here:-

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/UK-(CE-Marked)-Mains-Battery-Charger-for-MJ-808--MJ-816-and-MJ-818-Bike-Lights/4693-v

Cheers
GN

My Light & Motion light is fine...

Not all of us can afford Rolls royce lights,hence why we buy me 2 products.

That's why I have both. Helps to keep me in touch with my rootsy side.....!!
Every bin has a silver lining... OI OI !!

Old Chinese Proverb say 'Buy cheap, buy twice'!
Ah! So!

Im gonna put my pennys worth in, What a little gem, Pat told us that Deal extreme have a new P7 unlike the old one this has the cell inside a alloy body and whats more it has a Led fuel gauge at £50 or so certainly not to be laughed at.Yes think I will order one,if it gets me through the winter I could afford to throw it away and buy another,Ay up could you?.. Hang on nah I'll buy two...

How's the land-fill situation? I think I might buy some crap and throw it away in a couple of weeks too! Out of sight, out of mind...not my problem...I pay my taxes, etc, etc.

Mark, I'll have your salsa.. He He...

Er, no!

YOU... YOU.... Oi You, yes, up 'ere, I'm talking to you two, yes you.... flippin eck !
Right then. You, you down there, don't bicker with your fellow neighbour, be happy, embrace the world of mountain biking & it's various devices, remember, all men and lights are (almost) equal, as Jon Lennon once said (we're bigger than cheeses) I mean, give peace a chance. Make tea, not war.

Dear God
Just my thoughts that if Mark wants to throw crap on land fill, maybe it would be a great idea to RECYCLE it?. Thanks for caring I will go to church every sunday and sing my heart out and pray that a fellow mountain biker will donate me a lovely bike. I would make good use out of, and not go to waste.

God, give me punctuation!

Give us a break, I made my point if its a fight you want, bring it on.

Easy, Tiger! I think you made your point, but you also missed mine.
By the way, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

oooo micheal The girl is mine ..mmmm, mmmmm... so piss off macca......... he hoooo!! (in a gloved hand stylee... you know who you are :-))

Ok enough now before I put you on your A*se, Gob Sh*te if you aint got the balls to put your name beside your Poo comments then keep them to yourself.Sorry to any of you that may be offended as im sure this forum should'nt be used to cause trouble. The point is I have an a*se hole of my own and really dont need another. Shelton.

Not sure which comments you're referring to, Shelton, but if they're mine, and you've taken offence, then that wasn't the intention. I have no problem putting my name to anything. There's obviously something I'm missing here, but if you'd rather discuss it privately, then you have my number. Mark

P.S. If it's someone else's comments, then I don't give a $h1t!

I would like to think that it was'nt your comment Mark, as your a character and I have alot of time for you.Sorry about spellings/grammer etc.