Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Ride Last Night/Banter

Despite the muddy conditions in places what a great ride, enjoyed the p*ss taking with Pasty trying to explain the advantages of latex tubes whilst Pat pulling a big old thorn out of Tom's Tyre.Tom if you had only asked earlier I would of lent you my Co2 inflater {HONEST} rather enjoyed watching you blow wind into that posh tube though.. Well getting on our way again Tom and I and a couple others decided to road it from Madingly to Dry Drayton whilst Pat and his crew braved it across a muddy field or two and met up at Dry Drayton and continued to Bar Hill and did the perimeter. At this point im sure Tony had front mech issues but we carried on to Longstanton and around the back of the old army barracks and took the non guided bus to westwick.Meeting up with Tom at Westwick Tony's non drive side crank arm had come adrift, Tom being very helpful offering to hold Tony's helmet and donating some lube to allow Tony to get his Screw in!!!..With time knocking on we made it to the pub a few minutes to ten.Once again thanks Guy's for putting up with me, Tom hope your back is'nt giving you to much grief. Pat im sure men cant have babies? anyway congrats to you and Mrs H.

Re: Great Ride Last Night/Banter

Just TOOOOOO many double entendres to handle there---