Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Mountain Biking Photos

Great Mountain Biking England & Wales is a brand new mountain bike guide that will be published in Spring 2011.

We are looking for photos to enhance our book.

Several MTB clubs such as Bogtrotters and Muddy Bums, companies such as Cycle Active, Trailbrakes, Dirt Divas and Astounding Adventures, professional photographers Duncan Snow, Steve Mahon, Gavin Duthie, Sheldon Attwood and MTB authors Nick Cotton and Stephen Hall have already leant their support and given us access to their photos. However, as we are trying to illustrate each of 500 locations we still need pictures for many parts of the UK.

If you have any photos of your rides in the Cambridge area, particularly out towards Fulbourn, or at Thetford we would be really grateful. Other clubs have also given us shots taken on their trips around the country and these would also be gratefully received.

For each picture published the photographer and club will be credited in the book and rewarded with a complimentary copy of the book worth £24.50.

If you think you could help and would like to see your pictures in print please call me on 01565 750049 or email ruth@activemaps.co.uk.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Ruth

Re: Great Mountain Biking Photos

Come on guys lets get snapping, and show the rest of our fellow riders in the uk what great rides we have. Oh Duncan is that allowed?. Ruth mentioned the name Steve mahon {AKA Old Sid} he rides with the Epping group and often takes pics and does some wicked video's im sure if I asked him nicely he would come down for the day and take some shots of us guys. Post up if you would like to do this one. Cheers Shelton.

Thanks for your support Shelton, that's great.
Steve has volunteered to take some shots of Epping Forest for me so I am sure that if you know him he would help out.
Let me know how you get on.
Many thanks again.
Ruth

Hi Ruth,

What level of resolution are you after? We often take our digital cameras out and there were some cracking summer shots taken this year. There were also some half-decent photos taken on camera-phones.

I guess that we're talking 5MP and above?

Regards

PT

Hi Tom

We are ideally looking for images of 1MB or greater as we need the flexibility to resize them when we are putting the book together.

i suppose it depends on your phone/camera, but anything you have would be great.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks a million

Ruth

Hi Tom, congrats mate looks like your holding the kodak Brownie! I really dont mind who does the pictures I was only thinking if its being published in a book then maybe the shots may look better coming from a professional photographer for a few beers or too then we could all get in a shot maybe?.I have spoken to steve {Old Sid} and he is very busy with 360 work but he did'nt say he would'nt do it but really he cant promise that he can do it at the moment, but like he said we have a bit of time to get pics in. Im out tonight Tom so let me know your thoughts and anyone else after all we are a social group are'nt we? P.s looks like im gonna win a large proportion of the awards at the christmas dinner. Cu later guys Shelton.

Hi All
We really need the photos early in the New Year at the latest as the book will be going to the publishers at the end of Jan. I think that I need to drop Steve an email :) Whatever you manage to do would be great.
Enjoy your ride tonight, Rich my colleague is out in the Peaks near us and it's going to be sooo cold!
Thanks again
Ruth

Hi Ruth, do you have any recommended/favourite routes for the Peaks? Planning on heading up there this weekend. Eeek it's gonna be chilly ! Cheers, Katie

Hi Katie
If you email me your address to maps (at) bikemaps.co.uk I will send you a free map from our Wild Boar Range in tonight's post.
Have a look at
http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/peak_district_maps.htm
and let me know.
Hope that's ok
Ruth

Hi Shelton
I just wondered if you have had time to consider taking the pictures we mentioned, weather permitting of course.
The book is now coming together and we are looking to go to the printers in about 6 weeks time, although I do appreciate that this is a hectic time of year!
We really need all pics early in the New Year so that we don't have any gaps when putting the book together. So if you guys are out and about over the holidays maybe you could take your camera %20void(0);
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks again for your help.
Ruth
__
Ruth Jevons
Active Maps Ltd
Ruskin Chambers, Drury Lane, Knutsford WA16 6HA
Tel: 01565 750049

Hi Ruth, I was under the impression that Tom was going to forward you some Pics, Tom and other members in the group had taken lots of pictures in recent months though I hav'nt seen them. Im more than happy to get out and take a load of pics over the next few weeks. If any members wish to join me in doing these pics please post up, its your group as well. Cheers Shelton.

Thanks Everyone.
Tom, if you have any good photos just email them to me at the above address or pop them on a CD in the post to:
Ruth Jevons
Great Mountain Biking England & Wales
Active Maps Ltd
Ruskin Chambers, Drury Lane, Knutsford WA16 6H
Tel: 01565 750049
Please don't forget to let me have a correspondence address so that we can forward your complimentary books!
Photos need to be with us by 17th January at the latest.
Have a Happy Christmas
Ruth

I have had some great photos from Dominic Bowles. Many thanks.
If any one has a good photo of Thetford It would be much appreciated.