Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temperatures around freezing with a moderate northerly breeze

Perfect conditions for a bimble to the Hoops. I might wear my coat though.

Anyone else out? Due to lack of match-fitness, I'm happy to lead a 'slow and sociable' sub-group...

PT

Re: Temperatures around freezing with a moderate northerly breeze

i'm out for a bimble that will be limited in speed by the wind chill.

i'll bring my deposit for the party too!

Should be out, if Pablo will let me.

Tony

I'll be out, shorts & t-shirt though!
(I'll bring the xmas meal deposit too)
Cheers
Rob

who is all just has to collect his will be out dodging the in his big with his done up tight to keep his warm, winter & over shoes on so that he can have a , , & generally ride like he has a stuck up his ] kind of ride............ see yah their

Duncan, what are you like? remember to keep your {trusty} steed under control tonight as Tom has requested a slooow ride, though im up for that but as long as we make it to the pub at a sensible drinking time.

Ideal conditions in my book (Slow sociable ride led by Pasty, and too cold for mud..... although doubtless some will be found , just for me)

Oh what a night, late september back in 63 etc etc

Well what a cracking night. Thanks for taking the chicken chat.

oooo my head hurts .....
Think it's going 2 b a rather long day :-(

How to clean your bike

1. Get bike muddy on frosty night
2. Let mud freeze
3. Break off frozen mud - easy!