Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunday Ride 19th Dec

Hi Peeps, Rob and Ma self are riding this sunday if anyone wants to join us the more the merrier. 11am sharp, Babraham road Park n ride.

Re: Sunday Ride 19th Dec

Shelton,

I note the time (Opening minus one hour), and the word "merrier". Am I correct in assuming a pub is in mind?

pete

Mind if I tag along? Meaning to get out on a night ride but not had a chance. Itching to get out on my bike this weekend though

Pete if you are coming out bring a hip flask going to be a late start. Ian yes thats fine I will wait at the bus terminal at babraham rd park n ride.As mentioned to Pat last night it would be good if we could get a regular sunday ride together, for those interested maybe this is something we could arrange in the new year. Oh and for Pete a Pub stop would'nt be a bad idea either and also a earlier start for those early birds.

Will you guys still be riding in this snow? There is a good 6" where I am now and still falling?

Sorry guys but i cant make it tomorrow,i was looking fowards to breaking out the snow tyres for some legit off road use.

it appears that i am building a pair of wheels in the morning followed by a christmas party meal in the afternoon, what can i say, duty calls.

see you on the trails around new year.

and have a good Christmas and New Year peeps.

Ive just got back from Chingford and the roads are crap, I will be there so he who dare's wins rodder's.

Hi Shelton,

Just been given my orders for the day and it involves snow clearance, so wont be there. Can you email me your mobile no. as its not on the secret list. Thanks and have a good ride.

my num 07976071052

Good ride today guys, apologies for holding you up a bit + the endless moaning about snow and no grip! Looking forward to riding again (and some better weather!)

Hi Ian, Nah no worries good excuse to stop at a pub.I enjoyed watching endless fall off's from you n Pete,I will be riding a regular sunday ride in the new year from Brookside at a earlier start time 10am and I would like to stop for a cuppa/beer...The first proposed ride will hopefully be 2nd January weather permitting,you never know you might be able to make use of those mud tyres yet, Cheers Shelton.

Hi all,

That snow looked fun.. I'm keen on joining you for a Sunday ride in the new year.. It might be a nice introduction for the evening rides.

Cheers,
Dean.