Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Dinner - Thank you

A great evening. Thanks to Paul for organising it, and pasty for the unique style of Powerpoint presentation. Well done chaps.

Cheers

Tom R

Re: Christmas Dinner - Thank you

i second that, and the pass the parcle was a clasic.

Thanks to Tom,Paul L and Dom for organising the do,thanks for those who nominated me but however well jealous that Tony stole most of the votes {think I'll change my name to Pablo!..}Cheers Duncan for the pass the parcel though seemed that you had more fun than us. Oh which Castle are we going to next year Rob???.. Those who are riding Sunday see you there otherwise see you all next Thursday.

Me too - thanks for the organising. Certificates are now framed and on the mantelpiece. Tony

As always, a great night, thanks to all involved.

Richard

Yeah, another great xmas do.Thanks to all involved. Next year I promise I'll be drinking something stronger than tomato juice (maybe the return of mini bike racing down Castle Hill)!?!
See you all soon (hopefully next Thursday)

Trunky...I miss you...

Yes thanks Paul, Dom and Atrix. Another fine Cammtb production.... Was a little disappointed that I felt better on Friday morning than I usually do after a ride !
Atrix... Don't worry Trunky has lot's of friends under my oil tank, I can sneak one away and let you have it if the pain of separation is too much

Thanks all for a great night.
You always know it was a good one when you wake up with a pair of Bob the Builder slippers in your pocket?!