Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PT's Winter Wobble - Additional Points Available For...

Hi All,

Good to see that teams are being formed and plenty of you look up for it. Let's hope the weather holds!

Just as last time, there will be extra points available. You can gain a couple of checkpoints worth from the following:-

1. Wearing a very gaudy jacket. The most eye-watering, as voted for by your peers, wins 40 Points;
2. Riding all night with a rolled-up pair of socks stuffed down your shorts/tousers/jersey. You can have them down the front or the back. Most impressive 'package', as voted for by your peers, wins 40 Points.

There are even more points for some daft stuff which will be revealed on the night.

Just another note on the weather; current forecast looks to be mainly dry, mild with a light to moderate south-westerly. I will only postpone if the weather deteriorates markedly and puts people off.

Regards

PT

Re: PT's Winter Wobble - Additional Points Available For...

Do you have to prove it's rolled up socks?

why do you ask Mr T? are you planning to bring your inflatable doll out for the evening and need to keep it safe from Shelton?

I'm just a bit worried what Shelton might pull out of his shorts if asked to 'show us your sock'. He may mis-hear the request and get us all arrested.

if that happens we could run a "hall of fame" page for riders of note that have brought Camb MTB in to dis-repute or raised our profile ..... or both at the same time.

stag nights, hen nights, visits to Casualty or just Duncan in an improvised dress made out of MBR Buff's.....pass the mind bleach please i can't get rid of that thought again.

Hmmm....I don't think I'll be awarding any points to Shelton for divulging his wedding tackle.

Might be a bit cold for that anyway. You could need your telephoto lens, Pat.

Having re-read my original posting, I've realised that I've mispelled 'trousers' as 'tousers', which I thought was a pet name for a dog. "Shoving a sock down your tousers" brings to mind the sort of activity I think I would discourage and it's probably illegal so, please, stick to the spirit of the posting.

PT