Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Photo - Caption Competition

Paul: "No, I'm sorry Pete, you've had too much already."

Pete: "Beeeeeerrrrrrr?????!!!!"

Steve (observing strange rays of light): "They've come for me, Bowesey! They're bloody beaming me up!"

Re: Forum Photo - Caption Competition

#1] Bowsey says "hey Perce, thanks for protecting the toilet door while a washed my ar*e, i think it has boosted your halo by a couple of hundred Lumins"

#2] Chippy Chris passes the window with his Lupines and there is a moment of confusion as everyone goes blind and then strange plants start to take over the world.

Uncle Tom and Paul treat bemused onlookers to a demonstration bout of shadow boxing

As Pete skins up another spliff, everyone hopes the pub doesn't run out of munchies. He's so stoned after the first Camberwell Carrot he doesn't even notice Paul stealing his last two pints...

"The group is caught off-guard as Duncan casts his patronus charm; a giant, whinging cock."

Duncan, I am very, very sorry!